Dryer Catches Fire in Alachua Apartment Complex
Published September 23rd, 2013
ALACHUA - A wet Monday was made even worse for one Alachua woman because of some unexpected extra wet laundry.
City of High Springs Firefighters responded to a fire in Alachua caused by a dryer at One 51 Place Apartments.
Fire rescue officials were able to quickly put out what they believe was an electrical fire centered in the laundry room.
The fire department responded to a 911 call placed by an apartment resident.
Firefighters unplugged the dryer before using a dry chemical extinguisher to put out the flames.
Each year dryer fires cause $35 million in property loss.
To help prevent accidents like this one firefighters encourage everyone to check the lint traps and wiring on their dryers.
- Fire at Gardens Apartment Complex
- Crews Extinguish Fire At Gainesville Apartment Complex
- Special Report: Dryer Fires
- 23-Year-Old Murdered at Ocala Apartment Complex
- In the Pines Apartment Complex Facing Hefty Fines
- Shooting at Gainesville Apartment Complex Lands One Man Behind Bars
- Murder In Southern Pines Apartment Complex
- Woman Shot And Killed At Gainesville Apartment Complex
- Bedbugs taking over NE Gainesville Apartment Complex?
- Students Wait in Hotels as Apartment Complexes are Completed