Farah's on The Avenue Scheduled to Close this Month in Gainesville
Published September 5th, 2013
GAINESVILLE- Owners of Farah's on the Avenue-- which has been in business more than 30 years-- say they've tried to stay open as long as they could but growing competition and rising costs have forced them to close.
September 15th is the mediterranean grill and hookah lounge's last scheduled day of business at their current University Avenue location.
Gainesville Regional Utilities will be raising its electricity costs by more than 12 percent this year for commercial customers.
Farah's owner Nick Farah Jr says, "that's why we closed for lunches for a couple of summers, for the simple fact of handling the utility bill, it had to be cost effective because you run up your highest utility bills when you have your lowest volume of business which is during the summer."
Despite his reasons for closing Farah says he won't be saying goodbye forever.
Farah will continue to own the Gainesville property.
A restaurant going by the name "Small China House," will move into the building on a five year lease.
Meanwhile, Farah will operate a catering business out of Jacksonville.
- Colasante Clinic Scheduled to Close This Month
- Mixed Reaction On Gainesville's NW 8th Avenue Reconstruction Project,
- Shands AGH Scheduled to Close
- Closing Schedule for Presidents Day
- Changes For Northwest 8th Avenue In Gainesville... From 4-Lane to 2-Lane
- Changes on the way for NW 16th Avenue in Gainesville
- Fuel Spill on NE 39th Avenue in Gainesville
- Gainesville officials release parking schedule
- Midnight Vote on Plans for NW 16th Avenue and NW 23rd Avenue
- After Four Delays, Gore's Execution Scheduled For Tuesday