GPD Officers Avoid Crisis in Weekend Standoff
Published September 23rd, 2013
GAINESVILLE- Days after military contractor Aaron Alexis shot and killed 12 people in a Washington DC naval yard, a former military captain with local ties is in custody on aggravated assault charges.
A standoff between a heavily armed Robert Brooks II and law enforcement, could've turned deadly Saturday morning, but instead resulted with an arrest.
Witnesses to the standoff at Ridgemar Commons Apartments, recall it as one of the scariest nights of their lives.
One of the aggravated assault victims TV20 spoke with wishes to remain unnamed, but says the heated argument between Brooks and his ex girlfriend, Zamora Hernandez sparked over a trip to get yogurt with him and his friends.
This victim says that he and his roommate accompanied Hernandez on the yogurt run.
If actions could speak words, it was a trip that Brooks was by no mean comfortable with.
- GPD: Hit and Run Driver Flees To Avoid Traffic Ticket
- Post Office Celebrates Anniversary, Tries to Avoid Closure
- New GPD Building Dedicated to Officers Who Made A Difference
- GPD Officer Saves Teen's Life
- GPD Officer Investigation
- GPD Officer Arrest
- GPD Officer Dies From Injuries; Driver Has First Court Appearance
- GPD Releases Investigation Report on Officers' Conduct
- Former GPD Officer's Voicemail Threat
- Truck hits, critically injures GPD officer