GPD Officers Avoid Crisis in Weekend Standoff
Published September 23rd, 2013
GAINESVILLE- Days after military contractor Aaron Alexis shot and killed 12 people in a Washington DC naval yard, a former military captain with local ties is in custody on aggravated assault charges.
A standoff between a heavily armed Robert Brooks II and law enforcement, could've turned deadly Saturday morning, but instead resulted with an arrest.
Witnesses to the standoff at Ridgemar Commons Apartments, recall it as one of the scariest nights of their lives.
One of the aggravated assault victims TV20 spoke with wishes to remain unnamed, but says the heated argument between Brooks and his ex girlfriend, Zamora Hernandez sparked over a trip to get yogurt with him and his friends.
This victim says that he and his roommate accompanied Hernandez on the yogurt run.
If actions could speak words, it was a trip that Brooks was by no mean comfortable with.
- Officer Shot, Wounded in 6-hour Standoff
- GPD: Hit and Run Driver Flees To Avoid Traffic Ticket
- Post Office Celebrates Anniversary, Tries to Avoid Closure
- GPD Officer Retires
- GPD Officers Report Drop in Underage Drinking
- GPD Hires New Officers
- Former GPD Officer May Lose Pension
- GPD Officer Accused Of Sexual Harassment, Watching Porn While On Duty
- Retired GPD Officer
- GPD Officer Involved Shooting Update