Jurors Learn Gun Used in Murder Found Outside the Courthouse Where Defendant is Being Tried
GAINESVILLE - Brandon Wilson is the man prosecutors say killed 30 year old Artrel Dubose in a Gainesville parking garage in 2011.
Yesterday, a courtroom heard from all of the defendant's friends who were there with him in Gainesville that night.
But today, jurors heard more about the victim.
A detective described how hundreds of people crowded the parking garage after the shooting...as police told on-lookers to stay back.
Paramedics tried to stop the bleeding from the victim...but he would later die from that gunshot wound.
Detective Tony Lipski, formerly from the Gainesville Police Department described to jurors how it was all hands on deck - "when I got there, civilians were doing chest compressions on the victim who had obviously been shot...they were doing everything they could to stop the bleeding."
The gun the state says Brandon Wilson shot that night, was found a few days after the murder by a Jimmy Johns delivery man.
The defense tried to use the chaos of that scene to show that it would be diffuclt for the state to prove it was Brandon Wilson who fired the trigger.
- ACSO Lieutenant Under Investigation After He Accidentally Shot His Gun at the Courthouse
- Friends and Family Mourn where Cheerleader's Body was Found
- Neighbors Detail House Where 15 Year Old Was Brutally Murdered
- Jurors Hear Frantic 911 Call and Victim's Last Words In Austin Jones Murder Trial
- Farmers Learn to Use GPS-Guided Tractors
- Toddler found outside, alone at Daycare
- Several dead cats found outside homes
- On Third Day of O'Quinn Murder Trial: Defendant's Father Comes Near Perjury
- Murder Defendant Takes the Stand
- Deputies Forced to Stop Using Stun Guns