Local Corn Mazes Ready For Fall
Published September 17th, 2013
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Ready or not, it's almost time for Fall.
While some people might not be thinking about a season change just yet, some North Central Florida farmers have been thinking about it all summer long.
Corn mazes and hay rides are just a few fall staples that people are anticipating here this time of year, and farms all over North Central Florida are ready to reap the benefits of months of hard work.
Greg Rogers has been selling produce from the same stand just north of Gainesville for more than 30 years. He's grown plenty of vegetables, but for the past several years, he's added something to the list: entertainment.
The Rogers Farms Fall Festival, Octoberfest, plays host to a 12 acre corn maze and about 20,000 visitors every fall.
"In two weeks when we open, it should be topped out around 8 or 9 feet," Rogers says, "it should be really good this year."
Rogers is hopeful this year will bring in record crowds. Last year they weren't so lucky. Late summer rains nearly drowned the corn crop and stunted its growth.
The maze is planned when the crop is planted, with the finished product expected just a few weeks from now.
A pumpkin patch, hay ride and petting zoo will all be set up by the end of September. Rogers hopes a healthy, taller maze will mean better business and a bigger festival.
Corn Mazes In North Central Florida
Hodge Farms Newberry Cornfield Maze
Amazing Grace Crop Maze
Coon Hollo Corn Maze
Editor's Note: Did we miss something? If you know of a farm hosting a corn maze that we should add to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, website and contact phone number.
- Former Florida GOP Leader Jim Greer's Defense Ready
- Texas A&M Student Body Ready for Florida Gators
- Is Florida Ready?
- Florida Football Falls to FCS Opponent Georgia Southern
- The first Real Florida Fall Festival held
- Furloughs Threaten National Guard's Readiness in Event of a Hurricane
- Senators Ready to Restore Lower College Loan Rates
- Getting ready for July 4th
- Is the Grace Market Place Ready for All the Homeless?
- Attempted Murder Trial Pushed Back, Defense Not Ready