Millions to be Invested in Silver Springs
MARION COUNTY- Governor Rick Scott announced Wednesday that nearly 37 million dollars will be invested statewide into various springs projects, including some in Marion County.
Nearly two million dollars will be added to a 12 million dollar fund that will help keep polluted water out of Silver Springs.
One step is to update a wastewater facility located near the springs so that it will better filter nitrates out of the water.
An additional one and a half million dollars will be given to divert the flow of wastewater away from the springs.
- Citizens Gather to Hear About Silver Springs Tranistion Plan
- Silver Springs Opens As State Park
- Silver Springs - WCJB Exclusive
- Restoring Silver Springs
- Future of Silver Springs
- Silver Springs to get Spruced Up
- Silver Springs Theme Park May Be Transformed Into a State Park
- Silver Springs Giraffe Dies
- Silver Springs Update
- Senator Bill Nelson Tours Silver Springs