Nine Arrested in Bradford County Undercover Rx Pill Bust
Published September 11th, 2013
BRADFORD COUNTY -- It was a pill mill in a boneyard -- Bradford County Sheriff's Deputies arrested nine people over the weekend for their alleged involvement in a prescription pill distribution ring... in a graveyard.
The arrests were part of a two week-long effort known as "Operation Walking Dead," where those arrested either bought or sold prescription pills to an undercover deputy at the Dyal cemetery in the western part of Bradford County.
Deputies say it all began with the simple arrest of one person, who then turned into a source of information for investigators.
"We found somebody in possession of some pills," said Capt. Brad Smith of the Bradford County Sheriff's Office. "We turned them into a confidential informant. That rolled over to another person, who rolled over to another person, and it just kept expanding from there."
Four of the nine people arrested live in Starke, while two were from neighboring Union County. All range in age from 21 to 55.
Deputies say they expect to make more arrests later this week using information gained during the operation.
- Two arrested in electronic store drug bust
- Belleview Drug Bust Leads to Nine Arrests
- Starke Elementary School Relocated
- Train Hits Woman in Starke
- Starke Elementary Back Open After 6 Months
- City of Starke Election Results
- School Year Resumes With Changes For Starke Elementary School
- Starke Elementary Closed After Air Tests Show High Levels of Mold
- 15 People in Jail After Three Drug Busts
- Undercover Investigation Arrests Two in Columbia County