Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Ocala Drive-In Participates in Contest
It may be the last picture show at one of North Central Florida's monuments of Americana.
The Ocala Drive-In may close if a last ditch gambit doesn't work.
Starting next year all drive-in's have to switch from film to digital projection and that $100,000 expense is just too large for the owners of Ocala Drive-In.
That's where the Honda Motor Company comes in...
Honda is sponsoring a contest called "Project Drive-In" to save a few theaters across the county by donating five digital projectors.
The owners of the Ocala drive-in are hoping to win.
"It's kind of heartbreaking. My grandfather started the union in New Orleans and was a projectionist in 1913, and we've got 100 years in the family, four generations, we're working on our fifth generation of theater projectionists and owners operators," said co-owner, Charlie Watzke.
In business for more than 60 years, the Ocala Drive-in is the only theater in Florida participating.
The contest will take place until Monday afternoon.
To vote, visit Project Drive-in.
- Ocala Drive-In Business Doing Well After Reopening
- The Big Picture, Drive-in Theatre Opening Soon
- Man Dies After Participating in Unusual Eating Contest
- Ocala Police Begin Halloween Impaired Driving Campaign
- Reichert House Participants Put on a Horse Show at Madonna's Equestrian Academy
- Boy Scout Camp Participants Arrested for Kidnapping
- Runners Participate In Five Points Of Life Marathon
- Hundreds Of Women Line Up To Participate In Football Clinic
- Alachua Girl in National Tissue Box Artwork Contest
- Wing Eating Contest