One Dead In Levy County Crash
BRONSON, Fla. -- A Levy County woman is dead following a single-vehicle crash late Saturday night.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol crash report, 23-year-old Cacie-Leigh Morgan was driving by herself at a high rate of speed on Northeast 30th Street in Bronson around 11 p.m. Saturday when she failed to stop for a stop sign at County Road 103. Morgan braked, but couldn't follow the road as it curved to the south, and skidded onto the grass shoulder, according to the report.
The car became airborne, crashed into several fence posts and a road sign before landing and overturning. Morgan was thrown from the vehicle, which came to a final stop more than 100 feet from the initial crash site.
Morgan was pronounced dead on scene; according to FHP troopers she was not wearing a seatbelt.
- Driver Hospitalized After Crash in Levy County
- 2 Dead in Fiery Crash Near Jacksonville
- 3 Dead After Church Van Crashes on I-10
- NTSB Rules in 2011 Helicopter Crash in Clay County
- 2 Dead, 6 Injured in 6-vehicle Panhandle Crash
- Two ATV Crashes in Levy County Leave Both Riders Dead
- One Dead in Union County Crash
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
- 2 dead in Apartment Fire
- Deadly I-4 Shooting Was a Case of "Mistaken Identity"