P.K Yonge Hosts Chinese Students
GAINESVILLE, Fla.-- Back in North Central Florida... one school welcomed a group of visiting students this morning… not with "Hello," but with "Ni Hao."
P.K. Yonge is hosting 15 Chinese students this week from their partner school in Nanjing.
The students from the Nanjing Experimental International School will stay with families from P.K. Yonge.
They will participate in school activities, visit the University of Florida, and learn from American students their own age.
13 students from P.K. Yonge visited Nanjing during spring break and another group of students will visit again next year.
P.K. Yonge's principal says many of the students who went to Nanjing had never left the county before.
"They embraced the experience fully, it was an adventure right from day one for them, they were quite excited no mater what they would engage in," said Catherine Atria.
The students from both schools go through an application process to participate in the exchange program.
- Gainesville Students Celebrate Chinese New Year
- P.K. Yonge Administrators Face Questions in Wake of Molestation 'Incident'
- Students Released After Quarantine in China
- P.K Yonge Downs Gainesville High School Volleyball in Straight Sets
- Eastside Student Chosen For International Internship
- Gainesville Police Officer Steps Down Because of Internal Investigation
- International Artist Creates Political Drawings For Gainesville Museum
- East Gainesville Initiative Will Host One- week Camp for East Gainesville Residents
- Bad Conduct: PK Yonge Student Arrested
- Gainesville Civic Chorus Hosting Fundraiser This Friday