UF Vet School Professor on Administrative Leave After Voyeurism Arrest
Published September 22nd, 2013
GAINESVILLE- A University of Florida professor is facing termination after secretly recording his students from a carefully placed pen, for what police say was his own pleasure.
College of Veterinary Medicine Professor Don Samuelson was arrested on charges of video voyeurism.
UPD investigators found at least three instances spanning from April to August where Samuelson used a pen like USB device to innappropriately record his students.
Until an investigation is complete Samuelson's fate is up in the air.
He's is currently still on administrative leave
UF Spokesperson, Janine Sikes says, "a case with allegations as serious as these the University would pursue termination."
Samuelson has been working at the University since 1978 and is a tenured faculty member.
After his arrest his Friday arrest, he bonded out of jail Saturday night.
- Hawthorne Teacher on Administrative Leave
- Gilchrist Teacher of the Year on Administrative Leave
- Gilchrist County Votes to Fire Administrator After 'Unsatisfactory' Job Performance
- Marion County School District Ranks Third in State for Lowest Administrative Cost
- UF Professor Addresses American Missionary Arrests in Haiti
- 2 Florida A&M Professors on Leave in Hazing Case
- UF Vet School Operates on Injured Panther
- Man accused of neglect after leaving boy alone
- Cops on Leave After Tasering Student
- Suspect Caught After Leaving Wallet at Crime Scene