Gainesville Wants Direct Flights to New York.
GAINESVILLE-- Gainesville Regional Airport is still hoping for direct flights to New York's LaGuardia airport.
Right now travelers flying to New York City have to catch a connecting flight in Atlanta.
For Gainesville travelers, Miami is the most frequent destination… LaGuardia comes in second.
The spokeswoman for Gainesville Regional said that because every city in the country wants directs flights to New York, their gate space is filled to capacity.
She also says New York is the most sought out destination by Gainesville's business travelers.
"Our business travelers want a direct connection because they want to know they're gonna get on that flight and make that connection. And we're a business travel market. So these business folks want to know that they're going to make their meeting on time without a problem," said Spokeswoman Laura Aguiar.
Aguiar adds even though she doesn't see a direct flight from Gainesville to LaGuardia being added any time soon… it is something the community wants.
- Flight From Florida Diverted To New York
- Direct Air Cancels Flights
- New York Family Still Recovering from Starke Crash
- New York Firefighter Speaks at Santa Fe
- New Flight Routes Coming Soon
- Gainesville Regional Airport Now Offering Flights to Miami
- Gainesville Regional Airport Seeks Non-Stop Flight to NYC
- Local Gainesville Flights Canceled
- Flight Cancellations at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment