Rebuilding Homes In Alachua County
GAINESVILLE - A few homes in need are getting the attention they need. The group Rebuilding Together North Central Florida is working on 10 homes in Alachua County, free of charge for the owners.
The homes chosen will get repairs that improve safety and health conditions. Balanche Mahamery's home in Alachua had plumbing and electrical problems which, she says, kept her family away.
"You know cause it's broken. We had big meals every Thanksgiving, Christmas and it would be right here but now, you know, it will be again now," Mahamery said.
A team of volunteers is putting in new kitchen appliances and cabinets, painting the house inside and out, and updating most of her bathroom fixtures.
If you're interested in helping out or want to apply for home repairs you can click here.
- Rebuilding New Homes Together
- Home Sales in North Central Florida Rise Significantly Compared to Last Year
- North Central Florida Homeless Veterans Have a Place to Call Home
- Lenders Halting Sale of Foreclosed Homes Will Impact North Central Florida
- Home Fires in North Central Florida
- 500% Increase in North Central Florida Home Fires Since Last Year
- Most Counties In North Central Florida Excel on End of Course Exams
- Certain Counties in North Central Florida Have High STD Count
- Kid's Central: Helping Find Homes For Those Who Need It Most
- Alachua County Decides Whether to Rebuild Fairgrounds Barn After Collapse