Witness Testimony Begins in Devonte Ocasio Murder Trial
Published October 29th, 2013
LEVY COUNTY- Day 2 of the murder trial of Devonte Ocasio, the man accused of killing one man and injuring four others at Williston's crab fest is complete.
Witnesses of the shooting were brought in for questioning today at the Levy County Courthouse, where they were asked about what happened on the evening of April 27th.
They testified in front of an all white jury made up of 8 women and 6 men.
Family members of victims like Kimn Flax say their meesage to Ocasio is simple.
"to be a man to take responsibility for what he's did and to show some sympathy some empathy or something. We haven't gotten anything at all and from what i see in the courtroom today, it's just like he did it and if he had to do it again he'll do it again.Just no kind of remorse and that's the sad part," says Flax.
After the prosecution has rested its case, we will hear from the Defense Attorney, Michael Bryant.
Representatives from the State Attorney's office mentioned today that they are questioning witnesses faster than expected and do not expect the trial to go into next week.
- Seath Jackson Murder Trial Begins
- 2003 Hawthorne Murder Trial Begins...
- Trial for Man Accused of Attempting to Rape, Murder Ocala Woman Begins
- Jury Selection Begins on Murder Trial of Michelle Herndon
- Zimmerman Trial: Trayvon's Friend Finishes Day 2 of Testimony
- First Day of Testimony in Charles Smith Trial
- Zimmerman Trial Day 3: Star Witness Testifies
- Zimmerman Trial Day 5: Witness Places Trayvon Martin on Top of Zimmerman
- Witnesses Testify in Bargo Trial
- Day 1, Brandon Scott Trial: Witnesses Recall Events