Annual "Alachua County Legislative Delegation" Hearing
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Mayor Ed Braddy got up and expressed his concerns with several local issues at the the annual "Alachua County Legislative Delegation Hearing" this afternoon.
One of the issues included the purchase of the Gainesville Correctional Institution which was announced just yesterday.
This year's local delegation includes Senator Rob Bradley, and State Representatives Keith Perry, Llovis Watson Jr., and Elizabeth Porter.
The event provides a forum for the public and elected officials to offer their views on issues they feel will be important in the upcoming year.
Braddy says it's a great opportunity for residents to meet and talk to their representatives beyond the local level.
"Local government is a lot easier to experience, we experience that all the time. You go to the grocery store and you run into your constituents. But the further government is removed, whether it's in Tallahassee or in Washington D.C., the more difficult it is," said Braddy.
The Santa Fe Kirkpatrick Center was filled to capacity with members of the community.
- Alachua County Legislative Delegation Annual Meeting
- Alachua County Delegation Meeting
- Legislative Delegation
- Alachua County Wage-Theft Ordinance Advances to Public Hearing
- First Public Hearing: Alachua County FY12 Budget
- Alachua County Commissioners Special Hearing
- Alachua County Schools Hold Annual Meet and Greet for Parents and Students
- Arc of Alachua County Annual Luncheon
- Residents, County Officials Vent Frustrations at Bradford County Delegation Meeting
- Alachua County Residents "Go Big" When it Comes to Christmas Lights