Broken Family to Relocate After Tree Falls on Home
Published November 15th, 2013
ALACHUA COUNTY- A broken family is picking up the pieces after an oak tree fell on their trailer in Southwest Gainesville early Wednesday morning.
The accident killed 42 year old Dawn Ewing and sent her boyfriend, Michael Braton to the hospital with serious injuries.
Their three children ages 5, 9 and 12 were also in the home at the time.
Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies say that they slept through the accident.
With their home destroyed, the children are now staying with a family friend until they can make it to their grandparents in indiana on monday.
Sheriff's Deputy Phillip Mauldin, says he called the Wiles Elementary school PTA yesterday afternoon and donations have been coming in ever since.
***Donations can be sent to the "Ewing Memorial Fund," at the PNC bank in Alachua.
- Massive Tree Falls on Home, Family Makes it out Alive
- One Woman Dead After Tree Falls on Home
- Gainesville Family Gets Rude Awakening After Tree Falls on House
- Families Forced to Relocate After Electrical Problem Plagues Apartment Building
- Tree Falls on Ocala Mobile Home
- Tropical Storm Andrea: Trees Fall On Homes & Cars
- Tree Falls on Home in Northwest Gainesville
- Heavy Rains Cause Tree to Fall Through Ocala Home
- Tree Falls on Gainesville Home
- Massive Tree Falls Into Apartment Building, Trapping Families Inside