Event Raises Money for Foster Children
"I like to color. I like to sing. I like to pretend like I am dancing," said Madison.
Madison is an 11- year -old girl who is positive, confident and talented, but there is one thing missing in her life.
"Just want someone who can actually love who I really am," said Madison.
Madison went into foster care in 2012 after both her parents passed away.
Like many children, madison sits and waits for someone to adopt her.
"We are actively looking for homes for about 60 kids," said Vanessa Ward who is the Youth and Alternatives Adoptions Supervisor of Marion County.
Ward said people usually adopt babies and over look the older children.
"Maybe they are going to be 18 soon, but they want someone who is going to be there when they're an adult, when they are having children of their own, when they are getting married," said Ward.
Each year more than 20,000 children age out of the foster care system without being adopted.
just a couple of weeks ago 15 -year -old Davion Only stood in front of his church goers and begged for a family.
"I just said like I know godhasn't given up and I am not either."
"I think that kids said there is hope for me and there somebody out there. If there is 10,000 people who wanted Davion, there is somebody there for me," said Ward.
One orphan who helped other kids keep their faith.
"I have the hope that I can get a home some day," said Madison.
YFA will be hosting an event called "Cowboy Up for Adoption" this Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The fat the Florida Horse Park in Ocala.
World Champion Horseman Lee Hart will hold clinics for $175.
One hundred percent of the proceeds will benefit about 60 children.
The money raised allows the agency to put the kids in sports teams and other extra curricular acivities.
"When they are on sports teams and the are part of the band, they are around other kids who have parents who get to fall in love with them."
Giving the kids a better chance of getting adopted.
For more information on the invite, visit the website below.
- Marion County May Benefit from National Rodeo's Possible New Venue
- Small Girl Gives Big-hearted Donation to Foster Children
- Ferrero Foundation Hosts Event To Raise To Build Children's Hospital
- Sick Teen Raises Money for Children's Miracle Network
- Gainesville Duck Derby Raises Money For Children's Support Agencies
- Bikers Raise Money for Theater Victim's Family
- Marion County Murder Suspect Captured
- Alachua County Officials Host Event To Raise Awareness About Census
- Marion County Wants Foster Homes for Pets
- Fostering Animals in Marion County