Gainesville Murder Suspect Arrested
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Murder suspect Alvin Thomas has been arrested. Thomas, the man wanted in Saturday's shooting at Village Green Apartments, was captured just before 7 Sunday night at the Budget Inn, 4401 SW 13th Street in Gainesville.
Thomas was wanted for shooting and killing Caitlin Albritton, the mother of his daughter. According to police, Albritton was 6 weeks pregnant.
It's unclear what the most recent status of the relationship between Albritton and Thomas was like. Their nine month old daughter is now in the custody of Albritton's family.
On Saturday witnesses said they heard Albritton and Thomas arguing at her apartment before hearing a single gunshot. She suffered a gunshot wound to the head. Officers believed Thomas ran away from the apartment complex on foot before getting in a truck and leaving the immediate area.
GPD Officer Ben Tobias says a lead from a witness claimed Thomas was hiding out at a local hotel. GPD investigators, Alachua County Sheriff's Office deputies, and the US Marshals North Florida Fugitive Task Force found Thomas in a room at the Budget Inn. He was arrested without incident according to a GPD report.
Thomas is being interview by police and will be taken to the Alachua County Jail.
- GPD: Gunman in Apartment Shooting Arrested, Writes About Crime on Facebook
- Gainesville Police Investigating Fourth Murder this Year Near Southern Pines Apartments
- Putnam County Murder Suspect Arrested
- Murder Suspect Arrested, Victim Identified
- Third and Final Suspect Arrested in Gainesville Home Invasion Robbery
- GPD Joines Forces to End Crime in Pineridge Apartments
- GPD: Homemade Bomb Found Inside Shoplifting Suspect's Home
- Murder at Cabana Beach Apartments
- Man Murdered Inside Own Apartment
- Murder In Southern Pines Apartment Complex