Gator Jazz and Blues Festival Kicks Off Homecoming Weekend
GAINESVILLE- The University of Florida is "jazzing" things up this year to kick off homecoming weekend. Hundreds came out to the Gator Jazz and Blues Festival Sunday afternoon to get into the Homecoming spirit. Student, faculty, and community bands took the stage for jazz, funk, and blues performances. The festival was also one of many events the university put together to celebrate national arts and humanities month.
UF Alumni Affairs coordinator Natalie Morrison said "[It's] a campus wide celebration of the arts. We got a lot of different campus units involved in the arts, with special programming, and the Gator Jazz and Blues Fest is kind of the finale of this celebration."
The festival was hosted by the College of Fine Arts and the UF Homecoming Committee.
- Homecoming Week Kicks Off For Gator Nation
- Students Kick Off Veterans Day Festivities One Day Early
- Kick off Summer with Festive Decorations
- GatorNationals Kicks off Thursday
- Florida Sheep, Wool and Herding Dog Festival
- Sinkhole Swallows Florida Man: Crews Call Off Search
- Palatka's Blue Crab Festival Cancelled For 2009
- Trail Life USA Kicks Off
- Safe Sleep Campaign Kicks Off
- BlueLight App, One More Step Towards Safety For Students