Helping the Homeless on Thanksgiving
GAINESVILLE - It may seem like an unconventional dinner to some...but Thanksgiving has become a tradition at the St. Francis House...some volunteers even taking a break from their own celebrations at home to help the city's homeless.
The St. Francis House in Gainesville opened it's doors to hundreds this morning... as they served double the meals they usually do.
Don Bass, homeless and enjoying Thanksgiving at the St. Francis House: "we are homeless and living in a tent, but we are enjoying it. You wont go hungry in Gainesville I don't think."
Some of the volunteers at the St. Francis House are former residents.
- Salvation Army Feeding the Homeless Before & After Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Baskets Help Local Families
- Two Men and A Truck Helps Moms of Domestic Abuse and Homelessness
- Helping the Homeless of Ocala
- Vetspace Helping Homeless Veterans
- Gainesville Area Receives Funding, Housing Vouchers to Help Homeless Veterans
- Florida Set to Get Millions in Grants to Help Homeless
- Average Cost for Thanksgiving Dinner
- City Offers St. Francis House Location for Thanksgiving Meals
- Thanksgiving Special: Firehouse Feasts, Recipe 2