Man Kills Mother Of His Daughter, While She's Pregnant With Her Next Child
GAINESVILLE - A man shoots the mother of his daughter dead. She was also pregnant with her next child, the killer is still on the loose.
While this murder has shocked many in the neighborhood, at the same time, the community is trying to come together to prevent something like this from happening again. The Gainesville group, men on board was on scene, spreading awareness about domestic violence.
"But it was a terrible situation and my condolences go out to her family," Lenard Graham, a neighbor said. Gainesville Police say Alvin Thomas shot a woman in head Saturday afternoon at Forest & Village Green Apartments. The victim Caitlin Albritton was the mother of their 9 month old daughter.
“It was very very shocking. Especially since it happened in front of a lot of kids... A lot of kids was out here playing. And right now a lot of these kids out here are terrified because they feel like something like this might happen again," Graham said.
Neighbors say they heard the couple arguing before hearing the one gunshot that took Albritton's life. She was 22 years old and 6 weeks pregnant at the time. “I think he should have handled it in a different way, i don't think it should have gone down like that... But at the same time we are living in a world where you can expect anything," Graham said.
I found a group of men knocking door to door spreading awareness about domestic violence. They are part of "mob" which stands for men on board... They are having a rally against domestic violence December 7th at Bo Diddley Plaza. While they have been planning this event for a while, its crimes like this one that really bring a meaning to their cause of stopping intimate partner violence.
Gerard Duncan a pastor helping MOB spread the word said, "We know that we won't be able to stop it but by me being a man, being a husband, being a father, being a pastor it brings attention to it, and that's what we want to do. We want people to be conscious of it, to be aware of domestic violence, domestic abuse, it's real."
Albritton's 9-month old daughter is now with other family members. Thomas has not yet been found and GPD officers are currently investigating his whereabouts. If you have any tips on this case please call Detective Lormil at 352-872-2670.
- Belleview Man Kills His Girlfriend, Shoots His Daughter
- John Eddy Beats Up His Partner When Friends Discover She's A Man
- Woman's Roof has Leaked for Three Years- Now She's Getting a New One
- Woman Says She's Paying Price For Whisteblowing
- Pregnant Mother Who Drove Van Of Kids Into Ocean Now Accused Of Punching Self In Stomach While Jailed
- Gainesville Mother Apparently Catches Babysitter Smothering Her 11-Month-Old Daughter
- Ocala mother charged with manslaughter in death of her daughter
- Daughter of Fallen Officer Remembers Her Father Six Years After His Death
- Archer Man Shot Woman After She Kicked Down His Front Door
- Woman is Behind Bars After Fighting With her 14 Year Old Daughter