New Call Center For Biomass Concerns
ALACHUA COUNTY - The Alachua County 911 line was getting too many calls from residents about the biomass plant...so leaders have set up a line just for plant concerns.
GRU is paying to operate the new call center...costs coming in at $200.00 to begin and $ .51 a minute whenever the center gets a call.
Along with the county's 911 line, the Alachua Police Department has also received many calls.
Leaders hope the new line will consolidate the calls...and help better pinpoint the problems.
Jesse Sandusky, Alachua Police Department: "I think it will reduce the number of calls we get to this agency but if we do receive calls we are still going to take them and do what we can to respond to those complaints."
The new number to voice biomass concerns is 352-338-2479.
- Turkey Creek Residents Express Concern Over Biomass Noise
- NAACP Concerns Over Biomass Plant
- Turkey Creek Residents Take Biomass Noise Concerns to Alachua City Commission
- Biomass Concerns Dominate Candidate Forum for Gainesville City Commission
- With New Fiscal Year Approaching, City Leaders are Working to Budget Biomass Plant
- Alachua County Commissioners Formally Discuss Plans for New Biomass Plant
- Alachua Call Center Up and Running Again
- Local Leader Called Driving Force Behind Community Center Opening
- New School Bus Routes Have Parents Concerned
- 911 Call Reveals New Details Regarding A.S.O Burger King Incident