Officer Brandi Jackson Honored in Lake City
LAKE CITY - North Central Florida mourned the loss of 24 year-old Lake City police officer Brandi Jackson today....as she was escorted to her final resting place with full police honors.
Jackson died in a house fire on Halloween when she was unable to escape the burning home.
The Medical Examiner's Office tells us today that an autopsy has been performed...but the exact cause of death has not been released.
Law enforcement agencies from around the state were there with her family and friends to honor Jackson...Baker County Sheriff Joey Dobson saying that even in death they will support her.
Joey Dobson, Baker County Sheriff: "We are all in a fraternity and when something happens to someone we just try to honor them in every way and I think that is what happened today."
Jackson leaves behind two young girls.
We spoke to the childrens' daycare teacher who says their mother was very kind and would do anything for the kids there.
- Lake City Police Still Investigating Accidental Shooting Death of 11-Year Old Boy
- Lake City Officer Shooting
- Lake City Officer Fired
- Lake City Officer Cleared in Shooting
- Lake City Police Officer Shoots, Kills Armed Driver at DUI Checkpoint
- Lake City Police Officer Dies in Early Morning Fire
- 3 Lake City officers shot
- Lake City Police Officer Arrested: She Turned Herself In
- Battery Of Two Lake City Police Officers
- University of Florida Police Department Honors Fallen Officer