Preventing Blindness Caused By Diabetes
Published November 17th, 2013
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Diabetes affects more than 8% of the US population, that's more than 25 million people.
It's often known for being a major contributor to heart disease and stroke, but diabetes is also the leading cause of new cases of blindness among adults ages 20 to 65.
November is Diabetes Awareness Month, Dr. Shalesh Kashaul from the Retina Specialty Institute in Gainesville offers insight on how diabetes affects vision.
For more information visit: retinaspecialty.com
- Explaining Personalized Medicine
- Skin Cancer Awareness: Preventing Sun Damage
- HPV Awareness & Prevention
- Marion County Firefighters Promoting Fire Prevention Month at Maplewood Elementary
- Alachua County Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Fire Prevention Month Highlights Safety
- Medical Spotlight: Hepatitis Awareness Month
- Preventing Human-Caused Wildfires
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- "Breast Cancer Awareness Month" Kicks Off