Preventing Blindness Caused By Diabetes
Published November 17th, 2013
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Diabetes affects more than 8% of the US population, that's more than 25 million people.
It's often known for being a major contributor to heart disease and stroke, but diabetes is also the leading cause of new cases of blindness among adults ages 20 to 65.
November is Diabetes Awareness Month, Dr. Shalesh Kashaul from the Retina Specialty Institute in Gainesville offers insight on how diabetes affects vision.
For more information visit: retinaspecialty.com
- Eye Doctors Offer Free Screenings for Three Different Diseases
- Explaining Personalized Medicine
- Retina Specialty Institute Offering Free Screenings For Retinal Diseases
- UF Startup Raising Awareness, Support For New Diabetes Patch
- HPV Awareness & Prevention
- Fall Prevention Day Raises Awareness For Those At Risk
- Skin Cancer Awareness: Preventing Sun Damage
- Marion County Firefighters Promoting Fire Prevention Month at Maplewood Elementary
- Alachua County Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Fire Prevention Month Highlights Safety