Traveling During the Thanksgiving Holiday? Plan Ahead if Your're Coming Back Sunday
GAINESVILLE - If you are flying this weekend, remember that you won't be dealing with the typical traveler.
Laura Aguiar, Gainesville Regional Airport: "we see a lot more families this time of year both leaving and arriving so pack your patience if you're traveling expect there to be families with small children in front of you that may take them a little bit longer to get through security. Expect it...so when it is a short wait you feel good about it."
You'll also want to "pack your patience" when traveling by car.
Normally crowded exits like Newberry at the Oaks Mall in Gainesville could see holiday delays as you travel back Sunday.
Sunday is one of the busiest travel days of the year.
- Millions Head Back Home From Holiday Travel
- Your Health: Managing Depression During the Holidays
- Super Bowl Holiday?
- 'Christmas for the Community' Makes Holiday Wishes Come True
- Higher Numbers Projected for Thanksgiving Travel
- Slices of Joy For Local Vets During Super Bowl Sunday
- Local Sunday Market Soon To Be Back In Gainesville
- Holiday Travel
- Holiday Travel, Call 511
- Holiday Air Travel