UPDATE: Both Officers Tried to Get out of Columbia County House Fire
COLUMBIA COUNTY - Two young kids are motherless tonight, dealing with the aftermath of losing their mother.
We are learning tonight the family of officer Brandi Jackson has made funeral arrangements for the 24 year-old.
The Columbia County Sheriff's Office has also released that the two officers were in two different areas of the home when the fire started...Officer Greear, who owned the home and made it out alive, tried to get Jackson out...but they were seperated.
They then say Greear tried to go back inside...but couldn't get there because of the flames.
Sheriff's deputies say the flames are not suspicious but they are still not saying how the fire started.
Jackson's viewing will be this Monday from 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. at the Christ Central Church in Lake City, and her funeral will be the following day on Tuesday at 11 a.m.
Her family has said the funeral is open to the public, and the Lake City Police Department will give her full police honors at the ceremony.
- UPDATE: Efforts Continue in Marion County to Put Out Brush Fire
- Update: County knew about fire station closure ahead of time
- Fire burns down house of two sheriff deputies
- Violent Criminal Organization In Columbia County Arrested
- UPDATE: Debris Fire Continues to Burn, Smoke on 441
- Update: Missing Amber Alert Boy Found Safe
- UPDATE: No charges filed in Putnam shooting death
- UPDATE: Divers recover Putnam County boater's body
- NCF agencies search for missing woman
- Columbia County Inmates Shot by Gunman