14 Cats Removed from Gainesville Home
GAINESVILLE - 14 cats were seized from an east Gainesville home....conditions so bad inside that animal service investigators could barely breathe.
Investigators say the amonia levels inside the home were very high as they removed the cats and took them to Alachua County Animal Services to be examined.
The woman has not yet been charged but investigators say this is not the first time they have dealt with the woman.
Jessica Laginegar, Investigator, Alachua County Animal Services: "We've been dealing with her for about a year now, trying to resolve the situation before it came to this."
Conditions were so bad that the city of Gainesville officially condemened the home.
The woman was only renting the home and now the landlord must now bulldoze the house or pay to repair it.
- Deputies Remove 161 Cats From Home
- Hundreds of Cats Removed from Sanctuary
- Ducks to be Removed from Historic Duck Pond Neighborhood in Gainesville
- Cats in Gainesville Need Loving Homes
- Thousands of Bees Removed from Woman's Home
- Ex-Tarzan Actor Arrested; Big Cats Taken from Home
- Aaron Hernandez's All American Brick Removed from UF
- Florida Universities Want to Remove Animal Researchers' Names From Public Records Requests
- 'Bambooville 2' To be Removed from UF's Campus
- Man Removed From Transplant List Because Of Exercise