Adult Skeletal Remains Found in Satsuma
Published December 4th, 2013
SATSUMA, Fla. -- Medical examiners are working to identify a set of skeletal remains found Tuesday in a wooded area near Satsuma.
According to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, two men discovered the decomposed body while out riding ATV's on a frequently used trail in the Hoot Owl Ridge neighborhood.
The remains were so badly decomposed, investigators were not able to determine the identity. They estimate the body had been there for at least a few weeks.
The news had many people wondering if the remains were those of young Haleigh Cummings, who disappeared from her father's Satsuma home nearly five years ago. Deputies immediately ruled out that possibility.
"We're not sure if it's a male or female, but it is clearly a set of adult human remains," said PCSO Cpt. Homer Deloach.
Deputies say the remains do not match up with any missing person's cases out of Putnam County. Jacksonville police were also on-scene Tuesday to see if the remains match any cases out of their area.
- Skeletal remains found on Newberry Road
- Skeletal remains found right off busy Newberry Rd.
- Plane Crash, Skeletal Remains Found in Dunnellon
- Skeletal remains found off Millhopper Rd
- Skeletal Remains Found in Northwest Florida
- Aguilar Family Believes Son's Remains Have Been Found
- Human Remains Found In Backyard Believed To Be Missing Man
- Human Remains Found by Man Scrapping Metal
- Bravo Trial Day 5: Hunters Tell How They Found Aguilar's Remains
- Human remains found in Ocklawaha