Big Brothers Big Sisters Annual Toy Drive
GAINESVILLE- While thousands of children will get to open several presents on Christmas day, others are not so fortunate.
But there are a lot of people throughout North Central Florida working to change that. For the past 36 years the Big Brothers Big Sisters of mid-Florida has served thousands of children in several counties across North Central Florida.
One annual event is their Christmas toy drive, which will benefit more than 250 underprivileged children. You are encouraged to donate unwrapped toys and or gift cards for children between the ages of six and 18.
Representatives said the program is the last hope for a happy Christmas for these children.
"The kids that we serve are really in need and like I said for some kids this is truly the only present they are receiving for this holiday season. I feel every child should open a Christmas morning," said Nikki Naylor who is a Casework Manager with BBBS.
Each child will receive their Christmas gift during a Christmas party held on December 14th. The children look forward to the Christmas party every year.
Representatives with Big Brothers Big Sisters of mid- Florida say events like this one truly makes a difference in the life of a child.
From December 2nd until December 13th, you can bring your donations to the Big Brothers Big Sisters office in Gainesville and Dollar General on 13th street.
- BBBS Annual Toy Drive
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Needs Donations for Kids
- 14th Annual Toy Run
- Book Drive Locations
- Five-Month-Old Dead, Mom and Big Sister in Critical Condition
- Two Brothers Lost In One Big Family
- The Big Picture, Drive-in Theatre Opening Soon
- Gainesville City Commissioners Approve Location for Homeless Resource Center
- National Night Out Gainesville Locations
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Responds to Two Fires at Same Location