'Christmas for the Community' Makes Holiday Wishes Come True
GAINESVILLE- Christmas came early for some in Gainesville.
About 150 kids were able to cross off some gifts from their wish lists Sunday. "Christmas for the Community," put together by the University City Church and the Partnership for Strong Families, collected thousands of dollars worth of toys to bring holiday cheer to those who need it most in Alachua County. The gifts were chosen from wish lists made by those in need and donated by volunteers.
University City Church of Christ College Minister Donny Dillon said, "I realize that there's so many kids that wouldn't have a Christmas otherwise. My own father was a child in need and didn't get to experience Christmas except for a party that was put on for him, so that's why it's so important for me and why it touches my heart that we give back to those in need."
Former and current Gator athletes stopped by and gave out autographs. This is the events 17th year.
- A Gainesville Family's Christmas Wishes Come True
- A Wish Come True
- A Community's Reaction To Zimmerman Charges
- 'A dream come true'
- Gainesville Makes Top 20 List of America's Most Romantic Cities
- Military Christmas Wishes
- Santa answers Christmas wish early
- Helping Prom and Wedding Dreams Come True
- Traveling During the Thanksgiving Holiday? Plan Ahead if Your're Coming Back Sunday
- Boy with Bone Cancer Gets His "Make-a Wish"