Deadly Motorcycle Crash in Gainesville
Published December 1st, 2013
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- A busy road was blocked off following a deadly crash in Gainesville Saturday.
GPD officers say a motorcyclist traveling at a high speed tried to get around a car on Southwest 20th Avenue, but didn't make it.
The accident happened just after 8 this evening. According to police, the rider passed a car and then lost control, that's when he fell off his bike and was hit by another car.
Police say he was not wearing a helmet and did not survive the crash.
Officers blocked off a part of Southwest 20th Avenue, near the Cabana Beach Apartments, to traffic and pedestrians.
Police have not yet notified the motorcyclist's family.
- Gainesville motorcycle crash leaves one dead
- Friends React To Deadly Crash On I-75 In Gainesville
- NW 8th Avenue Crash In Gainesville Becomes Deadly
- 3 Dead After Plane Crashes In Northeast Gainesville
- Motorcycle Crash Seriously Injures Two in Suwannee County
- Starke Man Injured in Motorcycle Crash
- Motorcycle Crash Victim Says Driver at Fault Was Texting and Driving
- Hawthorne Man Dies In Motorcycle Crash
- Former UF student killed in motorcycle crash
- Motorcycle crash leaves one in critical condition