Police Officers Ring in the Holidays with a Shopping Spree for a Group of Students
Published December 13th, 2013
GAINESVILLE- Officers with the Gainesville Police Department treated children to lunch and a one hundred dollar shopping spree at Target.
GPD asks elementary schools throughout the city every year to pick out deserving students for a special surprise.
An opportunity for Christmas to come a little early and to see officers wear a different hat.
The event this year is called, "Heroes and Helpers."
Gainesville Police Officer, Ben Tobias "I always like to say we are definitely the helpers in this situation we are by no means the heroes here today.
A lot of them spent their money on gifts for their families and not for themselves."
39 kids participated in today's shopping spree that's 22 more than last year's shop with a cop event.
Beef o Brady's provided free lunch for the cops and kids.
A grand total of 39- hundred was spent on this year's group of kids.
- Shop With A Cop: 17 Kids Taken On Shopping Spree
- Gainesville Police Officers Win Another Battle In Fight Over Holiday Pay
- Child Calls Christmas Shopping Spree 'Happiest Day of My Life'
- Historic Thomas Center Tree Lighting Rings in the Holidays
- Firefighters Ring In The Holidays
- Two-Man Crime Spree Has Ended, Police Hope
- Police Train For Shooting-Sprees
- Holiday Shopping Trends
- Early Holiday Shopping
- Holiday Shopping Safety