Shopping Weekend in Review
GAINESVILLE - The National Retail Federation predicts they'll see a 4% increase in holiday sales this year over last.
Those numbers come out in January, but how did the Thanksgiving holiday shopping help in that prediction?
The NFR says the average shopper spent almost $410.00 over this holiday weekend, down from last year.
Online sales jumped to record highs though...making up about 10% of Black Friday purchases.
Shoppers we spoke to say they missed out on the deals and weren't having much luck on Cyber Monday.
Christine Nazzaro, says she missed the deals: "Black Thursday is where most of the deals were between 5:00 and 8:00 p.m. We heard about Cyber Monday but we aren't finding the deals unfortunately."
A UF economist we spoke to says that the doorbuster deals and gimmicks to get people into the stores may not have been worth it in the revenue.
- Shop With A Cop: 17 Kids Taken On Shopping Spree
- Legislative Review Santa Fe College
- Florida Supreme Court reviews FPL rate hike
- Taser Review Committee Broadens Scope
- Independent Group Releases Gainesville Police Review Findings
- Columbia County Sheriff Year in Review
- A Year in Review 2010
- Crystal River Power Plant is Reviewed
- Miami Girl's Tragic Death Leads Local Officials to Review Policy
- County Commision's Informal Meetings Under Review