Shopping Weekend in Review
GAINESVILLE - The National Retail Federation predicts they'll see a 4% increase in holiday sales this year over last.
Those numbers come out in January, but how did the Thanksgiving holiday shopping help in that prediction?
The NFR says the average shopper spent almost $410.00 over this holiday weekend, down from last year.
Online sales jumped to record highs though...making up about 10% of Black Friday purchases.
Shoppers we spoke to say they missed out on the deals and weren't having much luck on Cyber Monday.
Christine Nazzaro, says she missed the deals: "Black Thursday is where most of the deals were between 5:00 and 8:00 p.m. We heard about Cyber Monday but we aren't finding the deals unfortunately."
A UF economist we spoke to says that the doorbuster deals and gimmicks to get people into the stores may not have been worth it in the revenue.
- Shop With A Cop: 17 Kids Taken On Shopping Spree
- Florida Supreme Court reviews FPL rate hike
- Legislative Review Santa Fe College
- Malcom Randall Medical Center Under Review
- Crystal River Power Plant is Reviewed
- The City of Gainesville Reviews GREC Settlement
- Annexation Referendum Gets Mixed Review From Alachua County Residents
- Trustees Review Options for Leasing Munroe Regional Medical Center
- Police Review Camera Footage After Attempted Robbery on Santa Fe College Campus
- Absentee Voters Left Waiting as County Reviews Signatures