Ten-year-old's clay ornaments sold to benefit children
At the end of October, Eliana Gallagher went to her mom with three clay ornaments and a plan. She wanted to sell the little clay ornaments to buy toys for children "with no Christmas."
One trip to the craft store later, she set off molding little clay Santa hats and Christmas trees by the dozens.
With the help of her mom and an old Sunday school teacher, Eliana has been able to raise over $200 so far.
“I was pretty surprised but I also kind of thought they would sell out like this because of like, why I was selling them,” she said.
The Gallaghers will use the money to buy toys for a family recommended to them by the Department of Children and Families, where Eliana's mother works. But Eliana says it won't just stop there.
At the rate she's going, Eliana will be able to get toys for more than just one family. She says she expects to do something like this again next Christmas.
- Ten-Year-Old Suicide Bomber
- Ten Year Old Girl's Body Found in Trash Can
- Ten year old dead in I-75 crash
- Benefit for Five- Year-Old Boy with Cancer
- Benefit for Summer Keller's Children
- New UF Health Children's Surgical center benefits community
- 11-Year-Old Helps Local Foster Children
- Clay County Man Charged With Death of 14-Month-Old Boy
- 'Day of Healing' planned in honor of 16-year-old shot, killed
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns