Trenton Highschool Football Team Off To State Championship
GILCHRIST COUNTY - Trenton high is back at it again. The Gilchrist county school has earned a second attempt at the Class 1A State Championship game in football. And Trenton's spirit may be the cheering force behind this year's state title.
Tigers versus tigers-- Except North Central Florida isn't rooting for the red and white tigers, but the black and orange ones. The Trenton high school football team is competing in the Class 1A State Championship game against Blountstown high school. Malorie Whitley a Trenton High cheerleader said, "I am super excited. I didn't get to cheer last year when we went but this year I am a cheerleader so I get to go and cheer the boys."
If Trenton wins, this could be the school's second state championship in the past year... As their baseball team brought the title home earlier this year. Chelsea Hickox another Trenton High Cheerleader said, "And getting to be in the sidelines in the middle of everything is the best feeling ever. I can't wait."
Samuel Gray who plays for the school's baseball team says getting the right guidance can make a field of a difference. "Coach Thomas has a great program recently. Ever since he stepped up to be head coach he's had 35 wins," Gray said.
In fact, Trenton hasn't lost a home game with head coach Andrew Thomas on board. However other students say it's all about the support the team receives. Jordan Beck a Trenton Cheerleader said, "I think that the fans cheering is the motivator. They know that the community is behind them and they really want to good. And when they hear the fans cheering it pushed them to be just as good."
This is the second year in a row that Trenton sends off their football team to Orlando, fans are hoping the second time's a charm. Benjamin Avila another Trenton baseball player said, "I expect us to win, I mean I know we're going to win... It's just we got it."
This is why students, residents and all kinds of Trenton fans will be attending the game-- to offer some Trenton spirit. Leigh Hartzog a Trenton High book keeper said, "I think when the community is involved and the more push they get from us, the better they'll do and I think we've got a good community support."
There's one thing everybody out here in the tri-county is rooting for and that is, go tigers! However when you say it, be careful which side of the field you're standing on.
- Trenton's Hamp Cheevers Wins High School Football Play of the Week Playoff Edition
- Trenton Tigers Look for Redemption in Class 1A State Title Game
- Trenton Tigers Win Class 1A State Title in Football
- Trenton Best Dixie County to Advance to Class 1A State Championship
- Trenton Falls In Class 1A Football State Title Game
- Union County's Geordyn Green Wins High School Football Play of the Year Day 7!
- Pee Wee Football Team Eyes Championship
- Cornerstone Academy 7on7 Football Team Celebrates State Championship
- Trenton's Stephen Smith and Hamp Cheevers Win High School Play of the Year Day 6!
- Dixie County and Trenton Football Prepare for 1A Semifinals