Unemployment Benefits Could End on December 28th
NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA - Lawmakers in Washington have a budget that still needs approval from the House and the Senate...but nowhere in that agreement are unemployment benefits extended.
Those benefits could end Decemeber 28th because lawmakers haven't planned to extend them.
In Florida that means 75,000 people would be affected by the cuts.
One economist says this money is vital to give people a jumpstart as they look for jobs..and he also says the money given to the unemployed helps the Florida economy.
That money received each month totals around $231.
Maurice Emsellem, National Employment Model Project: "Every dime of that $231 goes back into the Florida economy...and that's what the studies show. The benefits provide a huge lift to the economy."
Federal benefits amount to around $230 dollars a month.
- New State Unemployment System Could Cause Delays in Jobless Benefits
- Federal Unemployment Benefits End for Thousands of Floridians
- December Unemployment Rates
- Changes to Florida Unemployment Benefit Policy
- Extended Unemployment Benefits Flowing
- Unemployment Benefits Extension
- Gov. Crist Extends Unemployment Benefits
- Floridians Losing Unemployment Benefits
- 28th Annual Art Festival at Thornebrook This Weekend
- 28th Annual Windsor Zucchini Festival