Union County House Fire Kills Four Animals
UNION COUNTY - A family near Lake Butler will spend their Christmas trying to start over, after their home burned down and destroyed almost everything they own.
Worse yet- the fire killed four of their pets.
Three dogs and a pig died in an afternoon fire at the Neilson home.
The family was not home at the time and arrived home to find firefighters at work but there was no way to save their animals.
Heather Neilson says they can clean up the mess, but they will never get their animals back.
The newest addition to the family was a little pig.
Heather Neilson: "He didn't even know he was a pig he had never even been outside. He would sleep inside with us. We just want our animals back."
The family has been able to stay with friends and is hoping to set up some kind of temporary home on the property until they can figure out where to go.
- Levy County House Fires Kills 10 Year Old and her Great Grandmother
- Four Dead Following House Fire, Fire Not The Cause of Deaths
- House Fire Threatens Animals
- Animal Abuse in Bradford County; Four Dogs left on Roadside
- Four Children and Mom Killed in Saturday Fire
- Mother and Sons Killed in House Fire; Neighbors Trying to Cope
- Marion County Man Dies in House Fire
- UPDATE: Both Officers Tried to Get out of Columbia County House Fire
- Shooting & House Fire in Suwannee County
- Mobile Home Fire Kills Marion County Man