16-Year-Old Shot and Killed at His Home in Palatka
PALATKA - The Putnam County Sheriff's Office says 16-year-old TJ Monahan is dead after he was shot in a Palatka neighborhood.
Sheriff's deputies haven't made any arrests but they say they have interviewed a person of interest.
They say the shooting happened on Locust Avenue on Sunday, but the neighbor who leant a man her phone to call 911 says she saw the teen's dead body, but never heard a gun go off - "he's just a nice, nice young man and I have no idea who would do that to him on a Sunday afternoon in [broad] daylight and that's what's so shocking that I couldn't help him."
The neighbor says the teen lived at the house with his mother...and the two had only been there for about 6 months.
- 33-year-old man shot and killed in Silver Springs home
- 18-Year-Old Shot and Killed in Suwannee
- 82 Year-Old Shot and Killed while Sleeping
- Investigators Search for a Missing 16-year-old
- 16-Year-Old Graduates from Santa Fe
- 33-Year-Old Autistic Man Locked Out By His Mom
- 50-Year-Old Dunnellon Grandmother Found Shot To Death In Her Driveway
- Unsafe For Kids? 11-Year-Old Killed
- 11 & 15 Year-Olds Accused Of Killing Brother
- Man Kills 4-year-old Daughter