Animal Rights Group Files Complaint Against UF
GAINESVILLE - The University of Florida is waiting to hear back from the federal government tonight after an animal rights group filed a complaint against their treatment of animals for research.
The eleventh hour for animals group alleges that UF violated the animal welfare act in its treatment of Louis, a monkey they say was euthanized in 2010.
Karen Kline, Eleventh Hour For Animals: "We have to stop turning our heads and see all that is really happening and take a stand and stop letting the other guy take care of it for us."
A UF spokeswoman says that the USDA has not yet contacted them about the complaint...but they will cooperate fully when they do.
- Watchdog Group Files Complaint Against UF for Negligent Animal Deaths
- Two Sworn Complaints Filed Against Michelle Dunlap
- Election Complaints Filed Against Alachua County
- Sworn Complaint Filed In Allegations Involving Alachua Mayor
- Sworn Complaints Against Ten In UF Hazing Incident
- Rape Complaint Against Harris Withdrawn
- Gun Rights Group Sues UF
- Medical Group Under Fire by Gay Rights Activists
- Gay Rights Group in Gainesville
- State Attorney: charges dropped against Dunlap