Complaints About Val-U Car Keep Rolling In
GAINESVILLE - There hasn't been any criminal activity at Val-U car since a businessman there was arrested a month ago on three felony charges...but the complaints about their financing arm keep rolling in.
Officers from the Gainesville Police Department say they've gotten hundreds of complaints.
Most of the complaints coming from a financing company called .com Financial...that the Florida Office of Financial Regulation says is on the same property as Val-U Car.
Our viewers showed us contracts with interest rates as high as 28%... but GPD says their hands are tied when it comes to these civil complaints.
Officer Ben Tobias, Gainesville Police Department: "by signing that contract it is hard for anything for us to do criminally because that person has already agreed to it on that document."
GPD says complaints should go to the Office of Financial Regulation so they can investigate the business.
No complaints have been made to Financial Regulation since February of last year.
No one from Val-U Car returned our phone calls for comment.
Here is the website for complaints: http://www.flofr.com/StaticPages/FileAComplaint.htm
- Val-U Car Owner Arrested for Grand-Theft Auto
- Double Down Owner Worries about Noise Complaints
- New report confirms complaints about former VA employee
- City Of Gainesville Value Decreasing, Property Values Are To Blame
- Gainesville police alert residents about car burglaries
- University of Florida Ranked Number Three Best Value
- UF Ranks 2nd for Best Value
- Higher Property Values Means Homeowners Pay More to Schools
- Value of a College Degree
- Home Values Fall, Foreclosures Decline