Concert Raises Money For Kids Cancer Group
GAINESVILLE- A group is raising money to help kids battling cancer and other illnesses. The organization, "Kids Kicking Cancer," held a benefit concert Sunday afternoon. Their classes teach kids with serious illnesses how to deal with their pain using martial arts exercises. Kids learn breathing, relaxation, and meditation techniques that are designed to lower pain and stress.
Gainesville's "Kids Kicking Cancer" head instructor Andrew Hix said, "It defines a lot of their time at the hospital. So much else of it they're just dealing with meds, and doctors, and nurses who are just trying to give them the care they need, but it's all just them getting done stuff to them and this is something that they can do to have fun and take control of their own pain and their own bodies so it really means a lot to many of them."
The program is free to all kids at UF Health Shands or any children outside the hospital who suffer from chronic pain.
- Gainesville Gearheads Raise Money For Cancer Research
- People Gather To Raise Awareness, Money For American Cancer Society
- Zumba Party will Raise Money for Homeless Kids
- Upcoming Plies Concert Raises Security Concerns in Downtown Gainesville
- Stop Children's Cancer Raises Awareness for Pediatric Cancer
- Safety Group Asks State To Raise Driving Age
- Double Arm Amputee Triathlete Raising Money for Baby
- Bikers Raise Money for Theater Victim's Family
- Sick Teen Raises Money for Children's Miracle Network
- Noche De Gala Raises Money For Sebastian Ferrero Foundation