Gainesville Regional Utilities Replaces Equipment that Caused Outages
GAINESVILLE- Wednesday night a Gainesville Regional Utilities switchgear exploded cutting off power to many who live and work near 1st Avenue and 2nd Street.
Residents from The 400 builiding just a block away say their power was out for close to two hours. Cherie Erlinger said, "It was so silent and dark and nobody really moved. We had emergency lights in the hallways but not in the main areas."
Even businesses that closed early Wednesday felt the effects of the outage the next day.
- City of Gainesville Votes In Favor Of GRU Audit
- Bill Filed for Control of GRU
- Gainesville Power Outage Update
- Ahead of Rate Increases, GRU Customers To See Slight Decline in Next Two Bills
- With Additional Hikes Looming, GRU Customers Discuss Energy Costs
- GRU Responds to Request for Refund
- GRU sells property for $1.6 million
- GRU rate increases approved
- $3.3 Million Deficit, May Lead To Department Cutbacks For The City Of Gainesville
- The City of Gainesville Reviews GREC Settlement