Gainesville Woman Turns 103 Years Old
GAINESVILLE- A Gainesville woman reached a special milestone on January 18, 2014. On Saturday afternoon friends gathered at The Village retirement community in Gainesville to celebrate the 103rd brithday of Ouida Paul. Paul is a woman of many talents. She knits, paints, and has earned over four degrees. She taught music at the University of Florida for 12 years and her work has even been published in Music Journals. Paul told us her secret to living a long, healthy life.
"Mother always insisted that we eat three meals a day. That breakfast was the most important meal of the day. If you went with food for that length of time, time to eat! And you didn't miss breakfast with my mother," said Paul.
Paul said she still feels like she's in pretty good shape. She never had children of her own but informally adopted 4 children.
- 101 year old Gainesville Woman Sets Fitness Example
- 25 years later, memories of Gainesville student murders remain
- 85 Year Old Woman Laid Off After 68 Years At Same Job
- Gainesville man turns old fire gear into hot accesories
- Gainesville woman turns 99, Mayor declares day in her honor
- Woman Killed, 5 Year Old Seriously Injured in Car Accident
- 35-Year-Old Ocala Woman Accused of Having Sex with Minor
- Woman Allegedly Shoves 7-Year-Old
- Woman is Behind Bars After Fighting With her 14 Year Old Daughter
- Woman Beats 81 year old Man