Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Great Air Potato Round-Up
GAINESVILLE- Families and friends of all ages enjoyed the natural sites of Gainesville Saturday by being a helping hand in the community. More than 700 volunteers came together for the 15th annual Great Air Potato Round-up. Volunteers went around to various sites to remove air potatoes and other invasive exotic plants from Gainesville’s natural sites. The air potato is a non-native vine that threatens Florida’s native vegetation. Volunteers believe the fun and excitement of this event brings awareness to the community.
"We’re kind of shaping the local community by making an impact and it makes us feel good about ourselves. It’s an event to raise awareness as well. We have people out here that have been doing this for 15 years and it kind of creates a bond between everyone because we're all out here to help save the world," said Robert Kizer.
Volunteers collected about six tons of air potatoes this year.
- Domestic Violence Warrant Round-Up
- Domestic Violence Round-Up in Alachua County
- Potato Chips Get Another UF Football Player in Trouble
- City, county play hot potato with fire rescue
- A Great Made In America Christmas
- Chocolates Help Create a Great Made in America Christmas
- Diabetes Drug Avandia Found to Have Great Risks
- Great Jail Debate
- Jonesville Man Searching for Lost Great Dane Puppy
- Hobie, the Great Horned Owl visits TV20