Howard Bishop Middle School's New Tech Program
GAINESVILLE - Innovation Hub in Gainesville serves the community with tecnhology...and now Howard Bishop Middle School is serving as a tech center for its students.
The school was only one of ten in the state selected to take part in the Career and Professional Education Project, where students take certification tests for programs like Photoshop and Java.
The principal tells TV20 that they hope to take the next phase of the project to Innovation Hub.
Mike Gamble, Principal, Howard Bishop Middle School: "the next level that we want to go to with the program is providing internship opportunities for these kids with some of the tech start-ups in Gainesville."
The program will serve around 250 students at the school.
- Howard Bishop Teachers Tour East Gainesville
- School's Take Attendance for Money
- Eastside High School's Soulfest Brings Down the House
- Celebrating Education: Newberry High School's Environmental Girls Make Global Impact
- New Principals Appointed at Local Elementary and Middle Schools
- New Car Tech Means New Extrication Tech For Firefighters
- Mebane Middle School Student Inspires Porter's Pink Passion Day
- Sheriff's Office Creates New Program To Lower Agricultural Crime
- New High Tech Traffic Management System Will Keep Children Safer
- Curious About Your High School's Student Body Population? Read On.