Husband of Convicted Killer Fighting for her Appeal
BELLEVIEW - A man is fighting for his wife's return home tonight...after she was sentenced to life in prison last year.
Joe Ray and his church are passing out flyers and buttons in preparation for his wife Violet Ray's legal appeal on Tuesday.
A jury found Ray guilty of murdering her two year-old adopted daughter Faith - but her husband says Violet was not a violent person.
Joe Ray, fighting for wife's appeal: "Violet was their joy. Violet was the reason for the kids' happiness."
The child died of a head wound that the defense says was caused after she slipped out of the bathtub and hit her head.
- Appeal denied for condemned Fla. killer Gore
- Governor Rick Scott Schedules Lethal Injection for Convicted Killer
- Convicted Killer Set for Execution at Starke
- Stay of Execution Issued for Convicted Killer
- Convicted Killer Darius Kimbrough Executed
- Husband Shoots Wife, Leaves Her For Dead
- Ocala Woman Behind Bars For Killing Her Husband
- Spencer Hearing for Convicted Killer Michael Bargo
- Convicted Felon Arrested for Hitting Wife with Gun, Threatening to Kill Her
- Florida Justices Deny Appeal For Trooper's Killer