Lamplighter Residents Worried about Increased Burglaries
Published January 14th, 2014
GAINESVILLE- A string of burglaries has residents in the Lamplighter community on edge.
Police reports show that in the Lamplighter neighborhood alone there have been 12 burglaries since August and 5 already this month.
Neighbors believe teenage residents may be to blame for the crime.
After one juvenile was caught....Police then knew the motives of the teens.
Gainesville Police Department Lt, Rob Koehler says, "the motive is obviously money and the money is being converted into drugs, and that these are youths, that they are converting the product to money the money to marijuana and they're smoking up basically these people's property."
Gainesville Police say Lamplighter management is actively working on the crime issue as well.
Police say as the investigation continues, those involved can expect eviction notices.
- Waldo residents worry about fate of town
- Some Worried About Construction Site In Buck Bay
- People Worried About Illness Spreading at Lowell Correctional Institution
- Double Down Owner Worries about Noise Complaints
- Cedar Key Not Worried About Gulf Oil Spill
- Number of Car Burglaries Increase in Haile Plantation
- Feds Worried About Job Gains
- Residents On Edge After String Of Burglaries
- Ocala Residents Facing Increased Electric Bills
- Lamplighter Bus Service Shot Down By Property Managers