Marion County Man Believed to be Responsible for String of Arsons Arrested
Published January 10th, 2014
MARION COUNTY- Marion County Sheriff's investigators believe they found the man responsible for destroying 5 vehicles, some of which belonged to law enforcement.
21 year old Dylan Martin already was being held in the county jail for a separate arrest, was charged today with six counts of arson--- all in relation to a string offires over a 2 month period.
Every arson took place within a half a mile from where Martin lives in whispering pines.
Investigators say the arrest would not have been possible without tips from the community
Marion County Sheriff's Office, Lt. Brian Dotten "the information that we obtained were very specific to include what the accelerants were, how the accelerants were poured on the vehicles, where they were poured on the vehicles and that information is only known by the person that actually did it or somebody that he told."
Martin is being held at the marion county jail on a 60 thousand dollar bond.
- Three Men Gunned Down in Downtown Ocala, Man Believed to be Responsible in Custody
- Former Gainesville Sun Delivery Man Arrested for String of Burglaries
- String of Burglaries Hit Marion County
- Miami Man Arrested in Marion County for Georgia Theft
- Marion County Man Arrested on Multiple Charges of Child Pornography
- Marion County Man Arrested for Credit Card Fraud
- Four Arrested Following String Of Car Burglaries
- Arrested For Running String Elderly Care Facilities
- Human Remains Found In Backyard Believed To Be Missing Man
- Third Attack Near UF & Police Release Surveillance Vid Of Man Believed To Be Suspect