Prom and Wedding Showcase Gives Away Donated Dresses
HIGH SPRINGS- A community effort is helping make prom and wedding dreams a reality. "Cinderella's Closet" is a prom and wedding expo in High Springs that gives away dresses to ladies getting ready for their special day. On Sunday, there were about 150 prom dresses and about a dozen wedding dresses. Some of the dresses are new but most are gently used and cleaned before their put on the donation rack.
Owner of All Creations Salon Kelley Deese started the event after helping her daughter get ready for prom and seeing that some girls couldn't afford dresses. Deese said, "It just became a big thing for me to make sure that every girl who wanted to go to prom could go. I mean, I can't afford to buy their prom tickets and do all their hair for free, but we could help them get a dress and I think that's a lot of the cost for prom."
This is the fourth year for the exhibition. Anyone who has a dress they'd like to donate can drop it off at All Creations Salon located at 612 NE Santa Fe Blvd, High Springs, FL 32643.
- Helping Prom and Wedding Dreams Come True
- A Wedding Dress Designer Breaks A World Record
- Michigan teen makes prom dress out of Starburst wrappers
- Alachua County "C.O.P.s Unit" Gives Away Thanksgiving Meals
- Former Boy Scout Gives Away Kangaroo Cups
- Alachua County Gives Away Free Paint
- Small Girl Gives Big-hearted Donation to Foster Children
- Brides Form Lines at Goodwill's Wedding Gala
- Thomas Center Best of Weddings
- Design Diva's Ideas for Weddings and Baby Showers