Two Area Restaurants Engaged in Legal Battle Over BBQ
Published January 15th, 2014
ALACHUA-There's no harm in friendly competition but what happens when businesses are operating with an unfair advantage.
The current owners of Newberry's Backyard BBQ have filed a lawsuit against Bev's Burger Cafe and Rocky Voglio.
Angela Salisbury purchased Backyard BBQ in 2012.
She also purchased a 51 percent ownership interest in Voglio's business, "Rocky's BBQ."
Part of that transaction included a non compete agreement stating that Voglio would not work for or consult any restaurant serving barbecue within 35 miles of Backyard BBQ.
Salisbury alleges that Rocky is not only consulting the owners of Bev's Burgers but also passing on trade secrets.
- Legal Battle Between GREC and GRU Continues
- Taylor Bean Closing Affects Area Restaurant
- Developer, city officials battle over Heritage Oaks
- Gainesville Police Officers Win Another Battle In Fight Over Holiday Pay
- Divorced parents battle over son's life
- The Alachua County Budget Battle is Over...
- Two More Ocala-Area Farms Linked To Horse Virus
- Newberry's Backyard BBQ Does Dessert
- Annual BBQ Chicken Fundraiser Brings In the Dough
- Ann Romney visits David's BBQ in Gainesville